2015 Future Leader Program
Future Leaders is a combined initiative of the Australian Grape and Wine Authority (AGWA), the Winemakers’ Federation of Australia (WFA) and Wine Grape Growers Australia (WGGA).
It is a professional and personal development program that creates a network of individuals who will contribute to the continued success of the Australian wine sector.
The program identifies 15 innovators, collaborators and game-changers in the grape and wine community to participate in an intensive development program that will build their knowledge of the sector and expand their leadership skills.
Future Leaders 2015 sought applications from individuals with open, creative, inquisitive minds who are early to mid-career and already demonstrating leadership potential.
Applications closed on 13 March 2015.
People looking to develop their leadership skills and strengthen their wine networks were encouraged to apply.
After a record number of applications were received, 15 rising stars from the Australian grape and wine community have now been chosen to ‘be next’.
The Future Leaders 2015 group includes:
- Jason Amos Lallemand Australia Pty Ltd
- Sam Barry Jim Barry Wines
- Nigel Blieschke Peter Lehmann Wines
- Angela Brown All Saints Estate & St Leonards Vineyard
- Lilian Carter Private client winemaker/wine industry consultant
- Andrew Calabria Calabria Family Wines
- Christian Dal Zotto Dal Zotto Wines
- James Hook DJ’s Grower Services
- Stuart Hordern Brokenwood Wines
- Tom Keelan The Pawn Wine Co
- Danielle Kennedy Camperdown Cellars
- Dave Milne Josef Chromy Wines
- Suzanne Muntz Xanadu Wines
- Samantha Payne Consultant Sommelier/freelance wine writer
- Gemma West Treasury Wine Estates
The future leaders group will commence a six-month program in June, including four face-to-face sessions across the country that aims to challenge and stretch them both professionally and personally. They will be encouraged to innovate, collaborate and ‘change the game’ by asking the tough questions and finding transformative solutions for the betterment of the sector.