- Lean Production for Wineries: Register your interest
- Drought Concessional Loans now open for Tasmanian businesses
- Latest RD&E news from Wine Australia
- Latest news from AWRI
- New app to assess powdery mildew on grapes
Lean Production for Wineries: Register your interest
Register your interest to attend a ‘Lean Production for Wineries‘ workshop near you (subject to interest). Workshops are $10 for Australian grapegrowers and winemakers, and $55 for non-levy payers.
Lean production focuses on the identification and removal of hidden, non-essential production resulting in improved efficiency and reduced costs.
Drought Concessional Loans now open for Tasmanian businesses
Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, Barnaby Joyce, and Tasmanian Minister for Primary Industries and Water, Jeremy Rockliff, said $10 million in Drought Concessional Loans would be available to eligible Tasmanian farm businesses struggling with the effects of drought.
A number of assistance measures have been advised.
- establishing a dedicated ATO hotline (13 11 42, select Option 3) to provide advice to drought-affected taxpayers—more than 11,000 calls have already been made to this service
- investing $3.3 million in a Bureau of Meteorology project to give farmers more localised, more accurate and more frequent seasonal forecasts—work has already commenced on the implementation of a new forecasting model and consultations are underway with users on their needs from the improved service
For more information on the range of Australian Government assistance for farmers, farm businesses and rural communities, visit agriculture.gov.au/assistance.
Application Forms and Guidelines for the Drought Concessional Loan Scheme will be available on 1800 440 026 or visit www.stategrowth.tas.gov.au from 9am Wednesday 27 January 2016.
Latest RD&E news from Wine Australia
Some recent RD&E news from Wine Australia that may be of interest:
- Improving our response to smoke taint
- Sustainability champion earns Viticulturist of the Year
- WA growers continue extreme heat and wind trial
Visit the Wine Australia website to find out more or to sign up to receive the Wine Australia RD&E newsletter directly.
Latest news from AWRI
Some recent news from AWRI that may be of interest:
- Grape samples needed for smoke taint background data
- Order the latest AWRI staff publications online
- New smoke taint resources available
- Cover crop update (Webinar)
New app to assess powdery mildew on grapes
Visual assessment of the grape and wine sector’s most costly disease, powdery mildew, will be easier with a new, free smart-phone app developed by University of Adelaide researchers and collaborators.
The recently released iPhone/iPad and Android app, PMapp, will help grapegrowers and wineries make informed decisions about the quality and price of grapes.
Tie up your vines with Quality European Cable Ties/Zip Ties
Buy online direct from www.cableties.com.au
$50 Minimum buy and we deliver free to your door
Check us out on the web NOW!
Company details are as follows:
Sunlec International Pty Ltd
31 Port Pirie Street
Bibra Lake WA 6163
ABN: 84 009 396 196
Headed by wine industry stalwart, Mark Hamilton, the National Wine Law Group flexes its experience and expertise to provide cost effective solutions on wine sector matters.
“We proudly claim our wine law credentials are unsurpassed by any law firm,” says Hamilton, a strategically insightful lawyer with deep industry experience. “As a firm of 30 people we’re big enough to handle most matters but our charge out rates compare favourably with large firms.”
“One big benefit to clients is we hit the ground running. We know the industry and its peculiar ways. We may even shed a business insight along the way.”
For more: www.gropehamiltonlawyers.com.au